We may disappointed Windows 8 start menu or Windows 8 button already removed and replace with modern UI (Metro-Style) interface. Although we can use Win + X keyboard shortcut having all those system tools menu like computer management, device manager and others but still not inconvenient. If you would like to have Windows XP or 7 start menu style in Windows 8 operating system, Classic Shell have latest update let you create start menu and button in Windows 8.
Classic Shell has a customizable Start menu and Start button for Windows 8 allow users running application like using old Windows version, others features
- Drag and drop to let you organize your applications
- Options to show Favorites, expand Control Panel, etc
- Shows recently used documents. The number of documents to display is customizable
- Translated in 35 languages, including Right-to-left support for Arabic and Hebrew
- Does not disable the original start menu in Windows. You can access it by Shift+Click on the start button
- Right-click on an item in the menu to delete, rename, sort, or perform other tasks
- The search box helps you find your programs without getting in the way of your keyboard shortcuts
- Available for 32 and 64-bit operating systems
- Has support for skins, including additional 3rd party skins
- Fully customizable in both looks and functionality
- Support for Microsoft’s Active Accessibility
Windows 8 Start Menu And Start Button
Download Classic Shell and installed. You will notice a start button appeared.
Now we can start customize start menu by select Windows Classic , Windows XP or Windows Vista/Windows 7 menu style (here i select Windows 7 menu style).
「Basic Settings」 option in Classic shell allow users customize left click open, enable start button, skip metro screen and others.
Below are the display after using Classic Shell adding start menu and button into Windows 8.